Our muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascias, and basically the whole of the system seeks attention at the end of an inactive day. The stagnant life spent in the chairs makes the body organs sore, tight, and lifeless. Bestow the physical organs with pliancy, vigor, and power through stretching in Padahastasana (Hand under the foot pose).
In today sedentary lifestyle, Padahastasana is highly recommended for the goodness of knees, thighs, and lower back. The health benefits of Hand under the foot pose are inspiring enough to make any entity fall for the health-giving pose. Here’s a quick guide to the wonderful rewards of the pose:
1. Stretches the Hamstrings: Give the hamstrings the much-needed stretch through Padahastasana. The lengthening of the hamstrings contributes towards flexibility and lightness. Further, this reduces the risk of strain and several associated back problems.
2. Healthy Digestive Tract: “Death sits in the bowel and bad digestion is the root of all evil.” — Hippocrates. The solution to a poor digestion is found in the practice of hand under the foot pose. This yoga asana stimulates the digestion enhancing the functions of various digestive organs thereby getting the things moving effectively inside the digestive tract.
3. Therapeutic for Carpal tunnel Syndrome: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a common condition affecting people. Negligence to proper and timely care can worsen the situation with surgery as the last option. Padahastasana is a natural and safe method of treating the problem of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
4. Get the Blood Flowing: The Hand under Foot pose increases the blood circulation in the upper body region. A Boosted blood flow bathes the nerves and organs of the upper body region in vitality resulting in their health enhancement and proper functioning.
5. Stress Eliminator: Forward Fold in Padahastasana for 30 seconds to stand refreshed and rejuvenated. The hand under foot pose eliminates stress, fatigue, and energizes the body for carrying on the day with happiness and liveliness.
6. Better Posture: Forward Sitting in a hunched manner highly distorts the posture of a person. Stand in Padahastasana for a few seconds daily to lengthen the spine and to correct the poor posture. A proper posture is vital for standing, walking, lying, and sitting in positions to place a minimum strain on the muscles.
7. Speeds up Metabolism: Practice Hand Under Foot Pose to boost up the metabolic processes for good. This safe physical exercise helps a practitioner in maintaining a healthy metabolism on an everyday basis ensuring an easier weight management.
8. Well Functioning Spleen and Liver: The Padahastasana is fundamental to the well-functioning of the spleen and liver. Protect yourself from the diseases of thrombocytopenia, liver andenoma, etc., through the regular practice of hand under foot pose for an optimal functioning of the spleen and liver.
9. Healthy For Nasal and Throat Problems: The individuals suffering from diverse nasal and throat problems should include the hand under foot pose in their health regimen. The posture is considered to be effective in healing the throat and nasal related illnesses.
10. Stay Healthy and Young: Padahastasana is the way of keeping the body, mind, and soul in a perfect shape. This yoga asana fortifies the organs, increases the blood supply, and improves the working of the overall body system.
Steps of Padahastasana for making most out of the pose:
1. Stand tall in Mountain Pose.
2. Step the feet hip-distance apart with arms at your side
3. Exhale and bend forward at the hips while lengthening the spine.
4. Bring the arms down, palms under the foot.
5. Compress the big toes down into the thumbs of the hands.
6. Hold this pose for 30 seconds.
7. To exit the pose, release your hands out of the feet and come back to your initial position (Tadasana).
- Practice the Padahastasana (Hand under the foot pose) before or after the back bending poses such as cobra pose, (bhujangasana, wheel pose (chakrasana), bridge pose (setu-bandhasana).
- While moving forward, move head and torso as one unit. Lean in front at the hips and not at the waist.
- Stretch as far as you can and comfortably stay in the position for as long as possible.
Fold deeply into health and wellness with Padahastasana (Hand under the foot pose).