The body is a map and a storage house of experiences we feel throughout our lives. Without knowing, we carry trapped and repressed emotions in multiple areas of the body that are responsible for several ailments and sufferings we undergo. Hips are one of the body parts that intrinsically hold emotions.
Many yogis relate hips to a junk drawer, a place where we put all our emotions that results in tightness and soreness. Tightness in the hips isn’t just physical, it is also mental and spiritual. Hips are the area where we store some of our deepest vulnerabilities that physically, mentally, and spiritually hinder the health of a person.
If you wish to get relief from tight hips and physical, mental, and energetic pull, then embrace the practice of this hip-opener– The Agnistambhasana (Fire-Log) Pose. Agnistambhasana primarily releases all the tension points in the hips, reduces pain in the pelvis, and restores the hip flexors to their peak health.
Learn the health benefits of Agnistambhasana pose in the following pointers. Take a watchful look at the list below:
1. Lengthens the Hips: Agnistambhasana (Fire-Log pose) is highly beneficial in lengthening the hip flexors. Optimal length in the hip flexors reduces strain and sprain in hip flexors and excessively prevents pulling of the lower back that significantly corrects the lower back pain that you may be experiencing. Additionally, pain in the lower back majorly stems from tight hips.
2. Releases Hip Tensions: Working on computers for prolonged hours and any other activity that involves sitting causes tightness in the hips. The tightness in the hips increases manifold in traumatic and stressful situations that makes the act of walking, sitting, or general movements difficult. Failure to address the tension points in hips lead to discomfort in the hips and lower back pain. Successfully address the tension spots in hips and release all your stress through the practice of fire-log yoga posture.
3. The Hips and Chakras: The pelvic region is located at the second chakra, the sacral chakra. The sacral chakra is the energy center of pleasure, sexuality, creativity, and desire. Blocked sacral chakra infringes our ability to think creatively and to go with the flow. The performance of Agnistambhasana is a great way to unlock the sacral chakra and to let the feelings flow freely.
4. Good for Abdominal Organs: A regular practice of Agnistambhasana is great for the abdominal organs. The pose actively stretches and strengthens the abdominal organs particularly the digestive system thus rewarding a healthy digestive tract, robust lungs, and overall healthy abdominal organs. Strong abdominal organs largely assist in keeping the body in its natural and favorable state.
5. Therapeutic For Mild-Depression: Yoga as a system of healthcare is effectual in keeping both physical and mental health in good shape. The yoga pose, Agnistambhasana is a powerful and natural treatment for mild -depression. The fire-log pose supports the parasympathetic nervous system, reduces the production of cortisol hormones, and elevates the development of serotonin, endorphins, etc.
6. Strengthens the Groins: The Agnistambhasana potently strengthens the groin, legs, thighs, and calves by building strength in the lower body. Firstly, the pose prevents the onset of groin and other associated injuries. Secondly, it keeps the person active and mobile. And thirdly, it helps a practitioner carry out their daily activities and sports with ease.
7. Increases Flexibility in Hips: One of the amazing health benefits of Agnistambhasana pose is its ability to improve and amplify the flexibility in hips and groin area. Through gentle stretching, it effectively maintains elasticity in these areas and helps the hips and groin perform their function efficiently.
Steps to practicing the Agnistambhasana Pose:
1. Sit on a yoga mat with erect spine and bent knees.
2. Cross your legs in such a manner that the left foot rests on the outer edge of the right hip and right leg on the left leg with right ankle located on the outer side of left ankle.
3. Keep your hands on the floor beside your calves.
4. As you inhale, lift your torso and lengthen your body.
5. Hold this posture for 20-30 seconds.
Feel the healing touch of Agnistambhasana (Fire-Log Pose) and experience a heightened energy and emotional solidity through its daily practice.