7 Excellent Yoga Poses for Digestion
Explore the blog to know some of the amazing and effective yoga poses to cure digestion.
Bad digestion is the root of all evil- Hippocrates.
According to Ayurveda, it is said that poor digestion is the root cause of all disorders and many diseases. That is why it is important to have a strong and a healthy digestive system. The bloated and puffy feeling, gastric trouble, upset stomach, growling sounds, etc., can be irritating, embarrassing, and also an indication towards a troubled digestive system. With the help of yoga and yoga asana, you can easily cure the stomach trouble naturally, without popping the pill.
The yoga asana is great to tone and soothe the abdomen. It stimulates internal organs and is great for the digestive system.
- Lie down straight on your back. Now fold the knees and bring it close to the chest.
- Hug the knees and breathe in. As you breathe out, put the knees on the right and with the help of right hand, push it down.
- Now turn the head and stretch the arms out towards the left. Be in the pose for around 30 seconds.
- Return to the beginning position and then repeat the same on the other side.
This asana is one of the amazing yoga poses for digestion. It should be performed in the morning on an empty stomach and clear bowels.
- Sit on the floor with the legs extended outward. Now bend the left knee and place the knee close to the body.
- Now turn towards left and place the left arm behind you and palm on the floor.
- Stay in the pose for a minute. Release the pose, then return to the starting point and repeat on the other side.
The yoga pose gives a good stretch to the back, activates the abdominal organs, and improves digestion.
- Sit with a straight back and stretch your legs outward. The toes should be flexed towards you.
- Now breathe in and raise the arms over the head, stretch the arms while breathing out and bend it forward. Your back should be straight and fold the torso from the hips.
- Try to hold your toes. Place the head on the legs and relax.
- Stay in the pose for a minute and then release. Repeat the asana for a few more minutes.
Marjaryasana and Bitilasana
This yoga asana is a transition between two poses, which is a great warm-up pose to relax the body and also improves the digestion.
- Get on the floor on your knees and hands, and keep your back flat.
- Now exhale and drop your head down and round-up the spine to make the cat pose.
- Now inhale and arch the back. Lift the head and butt for the cow pose.
- Keep on switching between these poses while inhaling and exhaling. Repeat the pose for a few minutes.
Adho Mukha Svanasana
Another amazing and effective yoga pose for digestion as it also improves circulation and strengthens the abdominal muscles.
- Stand on the four limbs. Your body should make a structure like that of a table.
- Now breathe out and slowly lift the hips and align the knees and elbows. Your body should form an inverted V.
- Align your hands and shoulders, and then your knees and feet. Your toes should be pointed towards outside.
- Now compress the hands on the floor and stretch out your neck. Direct the gaze towards your navel and let the ears touch the inner side of the arms.
- Hold the pose for 15-30 seconds.
One of the great yoga poses for digestion and the best one to help you release all the trapped gases in the digestive tract.
- Lie flat on the floor on your back and make sure that the feet are together. Place the arms beside the body.
- Exhale and bring the knees towards the chest and press your thighs on the abdomen. Wrap your arms around your legs, hugging the knees.
- Hold the asana for as long as you can, and then release the pose. Try to tighten the grip of the hands as you exhale and loosen when you inhale.
The pose tones the belly, strengthens the body, improves balance, improves digestion, and stimulates abdominal organs.
- Stand straight and place the legs about three feet apart from the feet.
- Place the left foot outside at 90 degrees and right foot should be placed at 15-degree angle.
- Balance the weight equally on both the feet and now bend the body from the hip to the left. Lift the right hand up and let the left hand touch the floor.
- Your arms should be straight in a line and then rest the left hand on the ankle or shin. Your gaze should be direct in the right palm.
- Stretch the body and hold the pose for 30 seconds. Release the pose and then repeat the same with the other leg.
A great and a healthy digestion is a priceless gift, as the overall well being of a person depends on it. Combine the yoga poses practice and healthy eating habits with Sudarshan Kriya for effective results. Sudarshan Kriya is a breathing technique that helps bring down the stress level, eliminates negative emotions, and works on overall well being.