Full of ups and downs, struggles, complications, and confusions, Life isn’t easy. “Take a deep breath. It’s just a bad day and not a bad life.” Breath– the vital force sustaining the human beings. Breathing is very familiar to all of us as a daily occurrence. However, focusing on conscious breathing and feeling the inhalations & exhalations incredibly affects the brain, the mind becomes calmer and the awareness arises.
Get started with the Bhastrika or Bellows Breathing Technique acclaimed to be highly beneficial for the body’s overall process and system.
1. Sit in a comfortable place in a cross legged-position.
To come in a cross-legged position: Stretch the legs out, fold the right knee and place it on the left thigh. Then, bend the left knee and locate it over the right thigh. The feet should face upward towards the ceiling.
2. Keep the spine and neck straight and eyes closed.
3. Relax the stomach with hands on the knees and palms down.
4. Start the Bhastrika Pranayama by breathing forcefully with equal attention to the inhalations and exhalations.
5. Breathe in taking positive energy and breathe out releasing the toxins.
6. Feel the expansion and contraction of the diaphragm with the breathing process.
7. Continue the Bhastrika breathing for 5-10 minutes.
People suffering from high blood pressure and heart problems should practice this pranayama technique only after consultation with a doctor.
Top seven Health Benefits of Bhastrika Pranayama
1. For Lungs Health: Take good care of the lungs and they last a lifetime. The human body survives on oxygen and the organ of the lungs is the source to provide oxygen and expel carbon dioxide. Bhastrika Pranayama is the practice to keep the lungs healthy, robust, and in proper functioning condition. It is considered beneficial for the lungs as it protects from pulmonary diseases and increases its capacity, and also helps in treating asthma.
2. The cure for Cold and Flu: It’s not just the seasonal changes but the pollution, low immunity, Viruses in the atmosphere, etc., that can make an individual a victim of the debilitating cold, flu, and sinus. As a safer alternative to the medications that make you feel lethargic and sleepy, opt for natural breathing technique of Bhastrika for curing these infections.
3. Highly Recommended for Neurological Issues: The modern living is a precursor to stress-related headaches, migraine, and the worst of all, depression. But Bhastrika pranayama is a safe solution to treat these psychological problems. Sit for Bhastrika pranayama, inhale the positivity, and exhale the negativity while experiencing absolute bliss and tranquility.
4. Heals the Thyroid Problems: Bhastrika pranayama is highly recommended to the people suffering from thyroid problems. This yogic breathing is considered potent for treating thyroid problems, tonsils, and other throat problems with utmost efficacy.
5. Fat Burner: Weight loss program doesn’t have to be a mixture of diet plans and rigorous exercises. Weight can be reduced simply and effectively with the Bhastrika Pranayama technique. This yogic breathing tool is potent in shedding extra pounds of fat from the body in a non-invasive and cost-effective manner. Therefore, go for natural and healthy weight loss with Bhastrika Pranayama.
6. Blood Purifier: The long list of health benefits of Bhastrika pranayama includes purification of the blood. The highly toxic environment in which we breathe, eat, and live infuses our body with toxins that get diffused into the blood. Bhastrika Pranayama acts as a detoxification technique that purifies the blood of the ama (waste products) and rejuvenates the body.
7. Clears Blocked Channels and Centers: The regular Bhastrika Pranayama practice clears the blocked Nadis and Chakras within the body for a smooth flow of prana. The practice also activates the three main Nadis – Ida, Pingala, and Sushumna for experiencing Kundalini Awakening.
With sheer dedication, dwell in the practice of Bhastrika Pranayama to raise the mind above negativity, make the body disease-free, and to enliven the spirit.