Motherhood is one of the greatest gift and joyful experiences of a woman’s life. However, erratic lifestyle induced by stress impacts both physical and mental health. Infertility is one of the problems associated with a hurried lifestyle pace.
But do not worry, our ancestors have left us with a remarkable science ‘yoga’ — a body science that harbors the ability to cure infertility in the most natural way. Yoga is a great form of exercise that tones the physical health and reduces stress. The diverse yoga poses for fertility stimulate the reproductive organs by enhancing the blood flow to them and effectively cures infertility.
Along with yoga postures, the performance of breathing exercises and meditation extends a curative touch that radically decreases worries, treats depression, and revitalizes the body, including the reproductive organs remarkably increasing your chances of conception to a greater extent.
Given below are the top seven yoga postures for fertility. Follow the steps and practice daily for desired results:
1. Seated Forward Fold (Paschimottanasana): The asana helps in resuscitating the functioning of ovaries and uterus. Additionally, the pose improves the psychological state.
Steps: Sit on a yoga mat, extend your legs, and place your hands on the floor beside your body. With an inhalation, stretch your arms upward and upon exhalation, bend forward at the hips. Touch your feet with your arms and keep your spine straight. Stay in this pose for 30 seconds. Come out of the posture by raising your hands above your head and getting back into a sitting pose.
2. Reclining Bound Angle Pose (Supta- Baddha Konasana): An effective yoga posture for mental stress, menstrual cramps, and problems associated with medical fertility cycle.
Steps: Begin with butterfly pose (Baddha Konasana). Exhale, slowly lower your back to the floor and lie on the ground. Support your neck on a pillow, if required. As you recline, ensure your legs are in the Baddha Konasana position. Place your hands on either side, palms up. Hold this posture for 20-30 seconds.
3. Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana): Cobra pose aids in fertility, hormonal balance, and the production of cervical mucus that makes the process of fertilization easier.
Steps: Lie on your stomach facing downwards. Take deep breaths as you arch your back upwards while pushing your pelvis, legs, and feet downwards to the ground. Keep your elbows unbent and hands flat on a yoga mat. Remain in this posture for 30 seconds. To release, lower your body to the ground and relax.
4. Standing Forward Bend (Uttanasana): Practice this pose to alleviate tension in the abdominal region and to enhance the supply of blood to the pelvic region.
Steps: Stand on the ground with upright spine and feet 2-3 inches apart. Inhale, raise your hands above your head. Exhale, fold forward while bringing your hands down. Rest the palms on the calves and breathe. Hold this asana for 30 seconds or more.
5. Legs up the wall (Viparita Karani): A wonderful yoga asana that strengthens the reproductive organs and improves the flow of blood to them.
Steps: Place a pillow against the wall. Sit sideways on the right side of the pillow. Upon exhalation, slowly raise your legs up the wall and gently lay your head, shoulders and back on the floor. Soften your throat and stretch your arms out to the sides, palms up. Hold your legs vertically in place. Retain this pose for 20-30 seconds. To exit, lower your legs, turn to one side and stay there for a few minutes.
6. Shoulder Stand (Sarvangasana): The Shoulder Stand pose activates the thyroid glands and corrects its dysfunctioning that can cause infertility.
Steps: Lie in a supine position. Fold your knees and place your heels close to your sitting bones. Exhale, compress your palms into the floor to push your feet away from the floor. Pull your thighs towards your front torso. Lift your hips higher and lift the legs upward towards the ceiling. Rest your hands on your lower back with elbows shoulder-width apart. Hold this pose for 20-30 seconds.
7. Bridge Pose ( Setu-Bandhasana): Open your pelvic region, stimulate your thyroid glands, release fatigue and so much more with the practice of a bridge pose.
Steps: Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet few inches apart. As you breathe out, press your palms and feet into the ground and raise your hips and lower back up. Ensure your shoulders and head rest on the floor. Straighten your arms alongside the floor. Stay in this pose for 30-60 seconds.
Embrace motherhood with yoga. Practice these yoga poses for fertility and realize the dream of becoming a mother.