A healthy body means a happy and long life. We need to make a lot of changes in our sedentary lifestyle to get that healthy and fit body. Our body is precious, and to maintain it, it is important to have healthy organs with proper functioning. The liver is one of the most important organs of our body responsible for a healthy digestive tract, detoxification, secretion of bile, etc. With the help of yoga asanas, you can maintain a healthy liver for a lifetime. Here are some asanas that enhance the proper functioning of it.
Try these five best Yoga Poses For Liver:
Naukasana (Boat Pose)
One of the simple and effective yoga poses for liver health that helps in treating various ailments related to it. It strengthens and stimulates the liver, and also helps in detoxifying it.
- Lie down on the floor and keep your back straight and hands on the side.
- Now lift both your torso and lower body off the floor and put the weight on the hips.
- Your hands should also be hooked in the air beside the body. Hold the pose for as long as you can.
Ardha Matsyendrasana (Sitting Half Spinal Twist Pose)
The pose is one of the best yoga poses for liver that helps in waiving off the ailments related to the liver. The pose puts pressure on the liver that helps to strengthen and stimulate it.
- Sit down on the floor, keeping your back straight and legs stretched out in front of you.
- Now bend your right knee and put the right leg over the left leg.
- Now turn your torso towards the right, and place the right hand behind you and palm on the floor.
- With the left hand, you can support the right leg or can simply place the hand on the right knee or on the floor.
- Hold the pose for a minute or more. Release the pose, come back at the starting point, and repeat the same on the other side.
Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
Bow pose effectively helps those who are suffering from Hepatic Steatosis or fatty liver disease. The asana stretches and strengthens the liver, and uses the fat deposits in the liver as an energy source.
- Lie down on the floor on your stomach. Keep the body straight and then at the same time raise your legs and torso off the floor.
- Now hold your ankles with your hands, forming a bow-like shape with your body.
- Hold the pose for as long as you can, return to the starting point, and repeat the same for 2-3 minutes.
Marjaryasana-Bitilasana (Cat- cow pose)
Marjaryasana-Bitilasana is a two-pose transition yoga asana. These asanas stimulate your liver and enhance its functioning.
- Start with getting on the floor on your hands and knees while keeping the back flat.
- Then with an exhalation, lift the back up and drop your head down. This way you form the cat position.
- Now with exhalation, arch your back inward and lift the hips and head up. This way you form a cow position.
- Hold the poses for 30 seconds, and repeat the pose for few minutes.
Gomukhasana (The Cow Face Pose)
The asana is the best way to treat liver cirrhosis. In this issue, the blood and oxygen flow in the body is prevented by the scar tissues and the liver is unable to flush toxins out of the body. The asana promotes a free-flow of blood and oxygen in the body.
- Sit down on the floor with an erect spine and in a cross-legged position.
- Now let your spine stretch out as you place your hands on the back- one placed over the rib area and other over the shoulder.
- Then join the hands at the back and hold the pose for as long as you can. Release the pose and come back to the starting position. Repeat the same steps on the other side.
These poses are really effective for keeping the liver healthy. A daily practice of yoga helps you to have a healthy and fit mind and body. Pranayama like Kapalbhati is also very effective. With these asanas, indulge in healthy eating habits and avoid alcohol consumption for best results.