Many of us are in search of an answer to the question, “What is the key to longevity?” Well, there are different answers projecting a variety of perspectives. But, the most compelling solution to this question is to avoid worries and stress.
Most of us live in a constant state of stress with our system overworking — all of which leads to blocked energies and an overload of toxins in the body. Over time, we become physically, mentally, and emotionally stagnated that enables our system to slow down. A question that arises is, “What is the effective method of controlling this increase in stress level?”
The answer to this question lies in the discipline of Yoga. Yoga is great for eliminating stress from the containers within the body, for building self-awareness, and for teaching us proactive methods of responding to the stress.
One positive way to control the stress and negatives of life is to delve into the practice of Baddha Konasana (Butterfly Pose), a fabulous practice to adopt for easing the tension in the neck, stretching the spine, and to enter into a mind-body restorative state. Whether practicing the modified butterfly pose or using it as a resting yoga posture, the Baddha Konasana benefits us in various forms.
Here is a guide to the steps and health benefits of butterfly pose:
Modifications of the Butterfly Pose:
1. If it is difficult to hold the toes of the feet, clasp the hands around the ankles and shins.
2. Sit on a blanket if you have tight groins.
3. Practitioners can practice more baddha konasana variations: the forward fold and diamond leg pose.
Learn the Benefits of Baddha Konasana:
1. Relief from Headaches: Most of the headaches are stress-induced and butterfly pose strives for releasing the tension of the neck and head. Resting the forehead on the ground provides a relaxing feeling. Also, with attention to breath in the butterfly pose is a great way to release anxiety and achieve stillness. Everything contributes to fewer headaches.
2. Stretches Lower Back: A good pose for the people with lower back issues. The pose stretches the lower back without involving the hamstrings. Therefore, individuals with tight hamstrings can easily practice this pose without any worry. The placement of the heels close to the groin allows for less hamstring stretch and a greater lengthening of the lower back.
3. Good For Groins: The Baddha Konasana is a lovely pose for the health of the groins. The alignment of the legs in the pose places good stress on the groins that are healthy for the muscles, joints, and fascia of the groins. The prolonged holding of this yoga posture with controlled breathing acts a resting posture and fosters strong connective tissues. Modify the pose with yoga props for extra care and support and reap the health benefits of butterfly pose including robust groins.
4. Shoulder Stress Release: The simple practice of Baddha Konasana is a beginning step towards releasing tension stored in shoulders naturally. Stressed shoulders adversely affect the upper body region leaving the person in desperate need of some respite. It is beneficial to practice the heart-opener butterfly yoga pose at the end of the tiring day. Experiment with arm placement in this yoga asana and find exciting ways of releasing and softening the shoulders.
5. Beneficial for Reproductive organs: In keeping the reproductive system healthy, the baddha konasana practice is important on a regular basis. The butterfly pose stimulates the functioning of the ovaries and increases blood circulation to the reproductive system reducing the risk of infertility by enhancing the working of the overall reproductive system.
Gracefully and joyfully flutter through life with the practice of Baddha Konasana (Butterfly Pose).